To be held at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn Hotel in Akron, Ohio.
Deadline to submit proposals: Monday, January 21, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
The Society of Ohio Archivists’ 2019 annual meeting travels to Akron, Ohio, the “City of Invention,” this May. In the spirit of Akron, the Program Committee seeks proposal topics on the theme of “Invention and Innovation” in archives, collections, or related work. Creativity is encouraged!
Session, poster, and discussion proposal topics can address a broad array of topics, including, but not limited to:
• Longstanding institutional projects or collections in accordance with the ‘Invention and Innovation’ theme
• Current and forward-moving tools for archival discovery, maintenance, and/or marketing
• Outreach and instruction that employs new methods, or addresses innovative or inventive topics
• Inventive and innovative student, intern, and volunteer experiences and projects
• Unique collection development ventures
• Best practices and new methods for handling preservation, description, and access to analog, born-digital, or hybrid collections
• Diversity, access, inclusion, and community archives
The Program Committee encourages proposals of panel sessions, student and professional posters, as well as alternative formats such as a debate, fish bowl, lightning, mini-workshop, pecha kucha, world café, and other session formats that encourage interaction between presenters and attendees. Please see the proposal form for more detailed information about alternative sessions.
Proposals must include:
• Session/Poster title and type
• Abstract of 250 words describing the session/poster and how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
• Description of 150 words for the printed program
• Contact information for the primary presenter and any other participants
• A/V or technology requirements
• Any additional special needs
Proposals will be evaluated on clarity, originality, diversity of content and speaker representation, and completeness of proposal and presenters. The Program Committee also encourages proposals from students*, new professionals*, first-time presenters and attendees, individuals from related professions, as well as those from outside the state of Ohio.
Please complete the proposal form by January 21, 2019, at https://goo.gl/forms/FvVtPGednEWI5rSz1
Questions? Please contact:
Co-chairs, Society of Ohio Archivists Educational Programming Committee*Note that applications for travel scholarships for students and new professionals are due by February 25, 2019.