Deadline to submit proposals is next week! Submit by
Monday, January 21, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
Invention and Innovation: Society of Ohio Archivists Annual Meeting
Friday, May 17,
To be held at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn Hotel (http://www.akronhilton.com/)
in Akron, Ohio.
The Society of Ohio Archivists’ 2019 annual meeting
travels to Akron, Ohio, the “City of Invention,” this May. In the
spirit of Akron, the Program Committee seeks proposal topics on the theme of
“Invention and Innovation” in archives, collections, or related work.
Creativity is encouraged!
Session, poster, and discussion proposal topics can
address a broad array of topics, including, but not limited to:
• Longstanding institutional projects or collections in
accordance with the ‘Invention and Innovation’ theme
• Current and forward-moving tools for archival
discovery, maintenance, and/or marketing
• Outreach and instruction that employs new methods, or
addresses innovative or inventive topics
• Inventive and innovative student, intern, and volunteer
experiences and projects
• Unique collection development ventures
• Best practices and new methods for handling
preservation, description, and access to analog, born-digital, or hybrid
• Diversity, access, inclusion, and community archives
The Program Committee encourages proposals of panel
sessions, student and professional posters, as well as alternative formats such
as a debate, fish bowl, lightning, mini-workshop, pecha kucha, world café,
and other session formats that encourage interaction between presenters and
attendees. Please see the proposal form (https://goo.gl/forms/FvVtPGednEWI5rSz1)
for more detailed information about alternative sessions.
Proposals must include:
• Session/Poster title and type
• Abstract of 250 words describing the session/poster and
how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
• Description of 150 words for the printed program
• Contact information for the primary presenter and any
• A/V or technology requirements
• Any additional special needs
Proposals will be evaluated on clarity, originality,
diversity of content and speaker representation, and completeness of proposal
and presenters. The Program Committee also encourages proposals from students,
new professionals, first-time presenters and attendees, individuals from
related professions, as well as those from outside the state of Ohio.
Please complete the proposal form by January 21, 2019,
More meeting details will appear as they develop at http://www.ohioarchivists.org/annual_conference/
Stephanie Bricking (Stephanie.Bricking@cincinnatilibrary.org)
or Stacey Lavender (email@example.com)
Co-chairs, Society of Ohio Archivists Educational Programming