To be held at the Hilton
Akron/Fairlawn Hotel in Akron, Ohio.
Deadline to submit proposals: Monday, January 21,
2019, 5:00 p.m.
The Society of Ohio Archivists’ 2019 annual meeting
Akron, Ohio, the “City of Invention,” this May. In the spirit of
Akron, the Program Committee seeks proposal topics on the theme of
“Invention and Innovation” in archives, collections, or related work.
Creativity is encouraged!
Session, poster, and discussion proposal topics can
address a broad array of topics, including, but not limited to:
• Longstanding institutional projects or collections in
accordance with the ‘Invention and Innovation’ theme
• Current and forward-moving tools for archival
discovery, maintenance, and/or marketing
• Outreach and instruction that employs new methods, or
addresses innovative or inventive topics
• Inventive and innovative student, intern, and volunteer
experiences and projects
• Unique collection development ventures
• Best practices and new methods for handling preservation,
description, and access to analog, born-digital, or hybrid collections
• Diversity, access, inclusion, and community archives
The Program Committee encourages proposals of panel
sessions, student and professional posters, as well as alternative formats such
as a debate, fish bowl, lightning, mini-workshop, pecha kucha, world café,
and other session formats that encourage interaction between presenters and
attendees. Please see the proposal
form for more detailed information about alternative sessions.
Proposals must include:
• Session/Poster title and type
• Abstract of 250 words describing the session/poster and
how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
• Description of 150 words for the printed program
• Contact information for the primary presenter and any
• A/V or technology requirements
• Any additional special needs
Proposals will be evaluated on clarity, originality,
diversity of content and speaker representation, and completeness of proposal
and presenters. The Program Committee also encourages proposals from students*,
new professionals*, first-time presenters and attendees, individuals from
related professions, as well as those from outside the state of Ohio.
Please complete the proposal form by January 21, 2019,
More meeting details will appear as they develop at: http://www.ohioarchivists.org/annual_conference/
& follow the conversation online at #soaam19.
Questions? Please contact:
Stephanie Bricking (Stephanie.Bricking@cincinnatilibrary.org)
or Stacey Lavender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Co-chairs, Society of Ohio Archivists Educational
that applications for travel scholarships
for students and new professionals are due by February 25, 2019.