Ohio Senator Joe Eucker (center), who represents Clermont County (Utopia) in the state senate, receives a 2014 Archives Month poster from State Archivist Fred Previts (left) and SOA Archives Month Committee chair George Bain (right) in his Statehouse office in early October.
State Representative Doug Green, who represents Utopia, OH (Clermont County), poses by the historical marker that relates the community’s beginnings. A photo of Utopia from 1940 is featured on the Society of Ohio Archivists’ Archives Month 2014 poster.
For more information about Archives Month in Ohio, see the Archives Month page.
Call for Session Proposals and Posters
Society of Ohio Archivists Spring Meeting
Friday May 15, 2015
The SOA 2015 Program Committee is seeking a broad array of creative proposals related to archival work today and into the future. This year we are accepting both session proposals and poster proposals at the same time. All proposal topics are welcome. Possible ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Tools for Archival Discovery, Maintenance, and/or Marketing
- Outreach and Instruction efforts
- Student, Intern, and Volunteer Experiences and Projects
- Funding for Archival Projects or Archival Facilities
- Unique Collection Development Ventures
- Preservation, Description, and Access to Traditional, Born-digital, or Hybrid Collections
Proposals of traditional panel sessions, student and professional posters, and alternative formats such as lightening rounds, pecha kucha, fish bowl sessions, and other session formats that allow for interaction between presenters and attendees are encouraged.
The Program Committee encourages proposals from students, new professionals, first time presenters and attendees, as well as individuals from related professions.
The deadline for proposal submission is Friday December 12, 2014.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Session Title
- Session Type (Traditional Panel, Student Poster, Professional Poster, Fishbowl, Lightening Round, Debate, Mini-workshop, World Café, etc.)
- Session proposal abstract of 250 words or less describing the session or poster and how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
- Session Description for the SOA program (50 words or less)
- Session Contact Person (Name, Institution, Title or Degree Program, Telephone Number, Email Address)
- Other Participants and Contact Information (Name, Institution, Title or Degree Program, Telephone number, email address)
- A/V or Technology Requirements
- Additional Special Needs
Please submit the above proposal information via email to Suzanne Reller at email@example.com or Kristin Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date
Society of Ohio Archivists 2015 Spring Conference
This year’s theme is Archives Amplified
When: Friday May 15, 2015
Where: OCLC Conference Center General Session Room, Dublin, Ohio
Call for Proposals Coming Soon!