The Society of Ohio Archivists’ Spring Conference will be held on Friday May 16, 2014 at the Lakeside Conference Center at OCLC in Dublin, Ohio.
Registration is now open! The registration fee is $40 for members, $30 for students, and $60 for non-members. Register online at: http://www.ohiohistorystore.com/workshops/soa-conference-2014.aspx.
A pdf version of the registration form is available for those who do not wish to register online. Download the form here. Pre-conference registration will close on Friday May 9. Onsite registration is available, but lunch is not guaranteed for onsite registrants.
See the Annual Conference page for information about the conference program and scholarships.
SOA pencils for outreach activities
The SOA Membership Committee has purchased equipment for membership display tables for conferences and other public events. We now have three sets of full-length table-cloths, display banners for the front of the table, and hardware to fasten the banners and other displays. Additionally, we have 1,000 pencils to offer as conference giveaways; the pencils include the SOA url.
These items are presently with Ron Davidson at the Sandusky Library, but sets will soon be distributed to strategic locations throughout the state, including Columbus and other yet to be determined sites. They will be available for members to use wherever SOA is represented. For more information, contact Ron Davidson, Membership Committee chair.
SOA banner for outreach activities
The Ohio Archivist editorial board is pleased to announce the spring issue of the Ohio Archivist is now available.
Access it from the Newsletter page. The more recent issues are also available through issuu at http://issuu.com/societyofohioarchivists
This issue contains:
- An Archival Literacy Assignment by Leah Schmidt
- Disability: Uncovering Our Hidden History by Barbara Floyd
- Go-To Digital Resources by Daniel Noonan
- The Past is Prologue: Archival Literacy as Bridge between Archivists and Educators by Shelley Blundell
SOA and Ohio Archives News
- Annual Meeting Overview & Registration by Suzanne Maggard
- Archives Month update by George Bain
- Engaging and Attracting SOA Members by Emily Gainer
- Fall Joint Meeting Recap by Christine Schmid Engels
- News & Notes by Lisa Rickey
- Ohio Grant News by Lisa Rickey
- President’s Message by Judy Wiener
- Public Information Committee News by Jennifer Long Morehart
- Slate of Candidates by Jane Wildermuth
- SOA Committees–You are Invited! by Nathan Tallman