Just a reminder that early bird registration for SOA’s 2018 Annual Meeting ends on Monday, April 30th! That will also be the last day to register for the 50th Anniversary Mixer, which will be held Thursday, May 17 from 6-8pm at Polaris Grill. Join us to celebrate 50 years of SOA!
50 Years of New Frontiers: SOA at 50
Please join us for the Society of Ohio Archivists’ Annual Meeting Thursday May 17-Friday, May 18, 2018 at the Quest Conference Center, 8405 Pulsar Place, Columbus, Ohio, 43240.
See conference page at http://www.ohioarchivists.org/annual_conference/ for more.
Plenary speaker Tanya Zanish-Belcher, president, the Society of American Archivists, and director of Special Collections & University Archivist at Wake Forest University, will discuss several key components of an archival career, including the role of mentoring and networking, keeping up with trends in archives, and why belonging to professional associations is important.
Conference hashtag: #soaam18
- Online registration: http://www.ohiohistorystore.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=9174
- Printable form: download this PDF, and mail to Mark Bloom, Treasurer, 8477 Summer Road, Macedonia, OH 44056.
- The meeting registration fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, and breaks (including cake!) on Friday. Due to catering restrictions, lunch cannot be guaranteed for those who register onsite.
- Early bird meeting registration (ends April 30, 5 PM): $45 SOA members, $65 nonmembers, $30 students.
- Regular meeting preregistration (May 1–May 11, 5 PM): $50 SOA members, $70 nonmembers, $35 students.
- Onsite meeting registration (May 18): $60 SOA members, $80 nonmembers, $40 students.
- Workshop preregistration (ends May 11, 5 PM): $20 for members of SOA/ALAO, $25 for nonmembers, and $10 for students. No onsite registration available for workshop. Limited to 40.
- Mixer registration (ends April 30, 5pm): $20.
SOA has reserved a block of rooms at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, which is right next to both the Polaris Grill and Quest Conference Center. The rooms will be available at a discounted rate of $119 a night. Book by April 18, 2018. To reserve a room in the block, use this link, or call 614-568-0770 and mention that you are with the Society of Ohio Archivists.
50th Anniversary Mixer
6PM-8PM. Polaris Grill, 1835 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, 43240
Our 50th Anniversary Mixer will be an excellent opportunity to talk with old buddies and colleagues, and to make new friends among your SOA peers over heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages. Also available will be a cash bar. The mixer will be limited to 50 attendees, and registration will close when early bird registration ends on April 30, or when the event is full. Remember the early bird gets the worm!