Call for Proposals
Keeping History Alive
Society of Ohio Archivists Annual Meeting
Friday, May 19, 2017
To be held at the Quest Business and Conference Center, 8405 Pulsar Place, Columbus, OH 43240.
Deadline to submit proposals: Monday, January 9, 2017, 5pm.
The SOA 2017 Program Committee seeks a broad array of creative proposals, sessions and posters, related to archival work today and into the future. All proposal topics are welcome.
Possible ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Tools for archival discovery, maintenance, and/or marketing
- Outreach and instruction efforts
- Student, intern, and volunteer experiences and projects
- Funding for archival projects or archival facilities
- Unique collection development ventures
- Preservation, description, and access to analog, born-digital, or hybrid collections
The Program Committee encourages proposals of panel sessions, student and professional posters, as well as alternative formats such as debate, fish bowl, lightning, mini-workshop, pecha kucha, world café, and other session formats that encourage interaction between presenters and attendees.
The Program Committee also encourages proposals from students*, new professionals*, first time presenters and attendees, as well as individuals from related professions, including those from outside of Ohio.
Proposals must include:
- Session/Poster title and type
- Abstract of 250 words describing the session/poster and how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
- Description of 150 words for the printed program
- Main contact’s information and any other participants
- A/V or technology requirements
- Any additional special needs
Please complete the proposal form by Monday, January 9, 2017, 5pm at https://goo.gl/forms/XDyBD72rhRlraMg73
More meeting details will appear as they develop at: http://www.ohioarchivists.org/annual_conference/
Questions? Please contact:
Janet Carleton (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Collette McDonough (email@example.com) Cochairs, Society of Ohio Archivists Educational Programming Committee